Cardmasters Environmental Policy
At Cardmasters we recognise that our customers demand a responsible approach to environmental issues. Consideration of environmental issues, monitoring of the use of energy and the generation of waste form an integral part of our business decisions, activities and production processes.
We endeavour to respect this demand by working with our extensive network of merchants, mills and converters to offer you an informed choice of materials with up to 100% recycled content from well-managed sources.
The selection of materials for the manufacture of our products is, wherever reasonably possible, influenced by their environmental impact. All paper mills that supply us operate eco-friendly methods of production and waste disposal and we operate a strict policy of grading and returning paper waste for recycling.
Our Working Practices
Indeed from the onset of the design process we strive to minimise any negative impact to the environment by employing responsible working practices.
Our extensive on-site facilities greatly reduce the need to transport goods between ourselves and our suppliers.
We constantly seek to reduce the quantity of waste generated and to dispose of any residues by means that have the least environmental impact. All our waste materials are segregated in-house and managed by three specialist recyclers ensuring a significant reduction in any materials sent to landfill.
The use of energy is reduced to the lowest reasonably achievable level.
We have also attained the IS14001 mark for our manufacturing processes.
- To ensure compliance with all current environment legislation.
- To minimise consumption of all raw materials used, including water, fuel and energy.
- To minimise waste in production and packaging and ensure that any waste generated is labelled, stored and disposed of correctly and where possible recycled.
- To provide safe, clean and hygienic working conditions.
- To reduce noise levels to lowest levels practicable for employees and members of the public.
- To co-ordinate deliveries and sales calls to reduce transport costs and energy.
- To develop systems for the responsible purchase, development, operation and maintenance of plant and associated processes to reflect the principles above.
- To ensure that the management, staff and sub-contractors understand and comply with this policy.
- To communicate to environment awareness in our staff through regular briefings and training where required.
- To periodically review and revise this policy.